Hello world!


“I am going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.”
 -Elsie de Wolfe. 

As I am writing this, I am feeling an overwhelming sense of excitement, humility, and gratitude all at once. What a journey it has been to come to this point where I can share my passion for my home, for decor, for entertaining, and just generally enjoying life’s small wonders with you!

I once had it all...The university degree, the job, the career, the independent life!  And I gave it all up to become not just a wife, or just a mom, but also a homemaker!

A homemaker is not a housewife. A homemaker is every single person who feels inspired to create a warm, safe, beautiful space for the people we love to feel cherished in. Someone that intentionally wants to create a space to have fun, make happy memories and enjoy life’s precious moments.
We often need to remind ourselves that a homemaker’s task is much more profound than just providing a roof over our loved ones’ heads and food on the table. Sometimes we get so tangled up in our daily routine that we don’t realize the value of what we are busy with.  

We are not only creating a dwelling for our loved ones. It is so much more than just a house. When we create a home, we create a feeling of belonging, a sense of security, a sense of companionship, of worthiness, a nest, a safe place. We create a monument of love and acceptance where our friends and families gather. 

To me “home” is a feeling. It is the feeling you get when you walk into someone’s house and it feels like you belong there, you are welcome and loved. It is not a physical place but rather a place of acceptance and warmth. 

What I hope to share with you on my journey is a taste of a life lived in creative gratitude. I want to share the experience of seeing the wonder and enjoyment in everything we create in our homes.
I will be sharing new home decor ideas, with my very own unique range of decor items, soon to be available for sale on my TUISTESKEPPER Facebook page. Also keep a lookout for my fun ideas on entertaining at home, sure-fire recipes, and original printables for your dinner table. 

Join me on this exciting journey to create YOUR beautiful home!

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram... I’ll keep you posted


Comments

Popular Posts